Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cookies

I went home for Mother's Day the other weekend and my sister and her new husband were there on Saturday. Now usually when I go home I take some kind of baked good because it is a good chance for me to try something new and then I'm not stuck eating an entire batch of cookies or a whole pie. HA! Well, I didn't bring anything this time because I had made mt fruit tart the night before. My sister MB was MAD! She was like " you didn't bring anything, how dare you!" So I decided that I would make some cookies and mail them to them! SO I made these from picky-palate (link in my sidebar) they were easy and really good. I didn't have the muffin top pan that she uses in her recipe so they were just normal size! Enjoy!





XXL M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup sugar

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 extra large eggs

2 Tablespoons pure vanilla

3 3/4 Cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

12 oz bag chocolate chips

1 bag M&M’s (you’ll have some left over)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until well beaten. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Do not mix in M&M’s!!

2. Scoop 1/4 Cup of dough and press into a muffin top pan (or just press onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet). Now, press your M&M’s onto pressed cookies. This way they won’t break apart!! Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes on muffin top pan or cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment