Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cilantro Lime Shrimp



I made THIS for dinner tonight. It was super easy, as most shrimp dishes are. I used frozen shrimp, probably would taste better with fresh shrimp. This dish was good, but I think overall I prefer a lemon taste to my shrimp then lime and cilantro...BUT I probably would make this again. Here is the recipe, it is from Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes, I served with salad and red potatoes.


Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 6 oz • Points: 4 pts
Calories: 197.3 • Fat: 4.1g • Protein: 35.9 g • Carb: 2.4 g • Fiber: 0.1 g

2 tsp olive oil
2 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper
Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.

1 comment: