Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lemon- Poppy Seed Cookies

I decided that I wanted to make something to bring with me when I head home to Columbus tomorrow for my sisters wedding. We are having a cookout tomorrow night so I wanted to bring a dessert, something light and tasty...These looked perfect. I got the recipe from Annie's Eats! It was easy and quick. Did I mention these are fabulous?!! I did have to double the recipe to get 24 cookies, mine were kinda big. They are so yummy, especially if you like lemon things! I will be adding these to my rotation! Enjoy



Recipe and picture courtesy of Annie's Eats.

Yield: 18-24 cookies
Ingredients:
For the cookies:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp. lemon zest
1 large egg

For the glaze:
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest and egg until blended. Mix in the dry ingredients on low speed just until incorporated.

Drop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown at the edges (do not let the tops brown). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack set over wax paper to cool a bit before glazing.

To make the glaze, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add more lemon juice if necessary, just until the glaze has reached a consistency good for drizzling over the cookies. Glaze the cookies and let the glaze set before serving. Store in an airtight container.

Source: adapted from Baking Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment