Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Eggplant Tomato Sauce

I made this for dinner last night. It was really yummy. I am a big fan of eggplant. It was quick and easy! I found the recipe on Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes! It is a great site with tons of recipes that include the WW points. I am not on WW, but some of my friends are, but it is also a nice guide for us non WW people. Enjoy!




Eggplant and Tomato Sauce
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 3/4 cup • Calories: 131 • Points: 2.5 ww points

1 medium eggplant, cut in 1/2" cubes
4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

28 oz can plum tomatoes including juice (I like Tuttorosso)

salt and fresh ground pepper
chopped herbs like basil and parsley
In a large deep frying pan, saute garlic in olive oil. Add eggplant and saute about 2-3 minutes. Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered about 15-20 minutes. Add fresh chopped herbs and toss with pasta (extra points).

No comments:

Post a Comment