Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to School....Back to School....

So I started my last "core" class in the PNP course track this week. Nursing theory is what the class is called...hmmm...not sure what to expect. All I know is that it is 3 credit hours, online, I have a lot of reading to do and it better be manageable while on maternity leave :) I am slightly nervous about how I will juggle this, but taking the semester off was not an option for me. Deep down I think it will be okay, I might have to let go of the need to get an A, and I am trying to get ahead of the game a bit. Hopefully Baby Franks will sleep enough to let me sleep enough so I can stay awake to let me read what I need to read. It will be a challenge I am sure, but I have to remind myself of the end prize...OPTIONS in my career. I do have to share about the book we are required to read. It is called "Microbe Hunters" and here is a brief summary:

In Microbe Hunters, Paul de Kruif joins together twelve short biographies of thirteen significant individuals in the sciences of bacteriology and immunology. De Kruif directs his attention largely toward the great nineteenth and twentieth century pioneers in the struggle against microbial diseases: Louis Pasteur, Robert Koch, Walter Reed, and Paul Ehrlich. He also takes note, however, of such lesser-known figures as Theobald Smith, David Bruce, Ronald Ross, and Battista Grassi, as well as two prenineteenth century researchers of microbes, the early... BLAH BLAH BLAH

Now doesn't that sound extremely interesting? Uhh not to me! I'm sure it will be a struggle, but maybe I'll enjoy it...it is all about a positive attitude right?!  And who knows maybe Baby Franks will grow up to  be a scientist who studies bacteria?! ( I hope not!)

2 comments:

  1. To prove to my dad that I'm not a fool. Got my lunch backed up, my boots tied tight. I hope I don't get in a fight. Oh, back to school, back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was reading along and thought the book sounded interesting. Hmm, maybe I'm just boring myself?

    ReplyDelete