Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The problem with...

Identical nieces is that it is so very hard to tell them apart. I thought I was doing good until I posted a picture and named her the wrong name! So here Lilly...I really hope this is you! You are adorable and sweet and please start looking different then Diana.


It is Saturday morning and I am curled up under a heated blanket drinking my cup of coffee and sitting here in the quiet of my house...it is wonderful. Mark is at a golf trip sales meeting and I have nothing on my schedule for the day. I love my alone time...have I ever mentioned that before?! I'm catching up on laundry and trying to decide what my next house project will be. I'm thinking it is going to be the office. We want to make it our "Ball State Room" It will need to be painted, I will need to get Mark's jersey framed (Mine is already) and I will have to start sorting through pictures for the photo wall. I want action shots, shots with teammates, pictures that really capture the 4 years of JOY our college experience was. I want to bottle up all the things I feel about Ball State, basketball, my teammates, college so I can share them with my children. I want people to understand how important those 4 years were into making who I am today. I feel like it will take me awhile to sort through all of our memories and find what I want! I think this will be a good winter project.

The next couple weeks will be busy and I feel like Thanksgiving will be here before I know it. I am already dreading the Holidays since I work Thanksgiving and Christmas...I am going to have to work on my attitude so bear with me.

Like I mentioned I have been feeling in a "funk" this week...I would like to attribute it to the changing weather. I miss the sun and the warmer weather already. I miss the windows open and taking long walks with Bailey. I hate the cold weather. I think I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself and just give myself a kick in the butt. I need to reconnect with the present moment and be thankful for my blessings. I'm hoping that I will be able to use today to organize me thoughts and reconnect with me. Here's to hoping. How do you reconnect when you feel in a funk?

No comments:

Post a Comment