Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week One Down...

 We have survived the first week...ok the first 11 days and I must admit I am proud of Mark and I. It has been crazy, but we have managed with few meltdowns and arguments! Leah is doing awesome. She is a little oinker because all she wants to do is EAT and EAT and EAT! Which means all I have been doing is breastfeeding! That is one thing that has caught me off Gard- the amount of time I would spend feeding and pumping. Especially when a baby wants to eat every hour and half! BUT, I think Leah's tank is getting full as she is about every 2-3 hours now with an occasional 4 hour stretch! I am getting plenty of milk and adjusting to having sore boobs :) We have had tons of visitors-how blessed we are to have such great family and friends. I am handling the lack of sleep better then I thought I would! Between naps and the occasional 4 hour stretch I am managing!

Leah is a hoot! She already has an attitude like her mom! She is happiest in the mornings after a long snooze and large breakfast! She is a bit grouchy from 5-8pm, lots of walking and bouncing. She doesn't really like her swing yet, but we are working on it. She has taken a few bottles which is good thing and only likes her one paci! She is enjoyed her first bath at home, until we had to take her out of the warm water! She is sleeping in the pack n play in our room, we tried putting her in her crib last night, that lasted about 5 minutes. She was asleep when we put her down, then she woke right up and was wide awake laying the dark- too hard for daddy to stand! We will try again later this week! We had our first pediatrician appointment and she is back up to her birth weight already (oink oink)!! Overall we are doing well...it has been an adjustment to say the least! I will post some pictures soon! Thanks for all the calls, texts, visits and meals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment