Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Complete Randomness

Saturday morning at the Franklin household...Mark is trying to squeeze in every minute of golf he can and I am trying to think about anything besides Baby Franks and the schoolwork I should be doing. If you know me at all one of my biggest weaknesses is patience and boy I am getting a big lesson in this currently. I had a rough night on Thursday, up all night with contractions, I was thinking THIS IS IT, but no, after being up all night, the contractions slowed in the morning and eventually stopped. I got extremely frustrated with this waiting game and was annoyed with everything! 24 hours later and a night of decent sleep, I am taking a step back and realizing I need to be patient. It is hard to accept the fact that I have NO control over this situation and I just have to be patient. Umm hello, baby Franks do you know who you mother is?! She does not handle lack of control or being patient very well!  I guess you are trying to teach me before you get here that you will be in control the rest of my life. I appreciate this, but it would be much easier to learn if I could see your face and know who you are, just take that into consideration as you are devising your plan to enter the world. Thank you very much!

In other news, fall has begun to show its face around here. The weather is cooling, football started last weekend, it is beginning to take over the blogging world and I must admit I AM EXCITED. Fall is my favorite season of all. I talked to one of my best friends this week who coaches basketball at BSU, she was sharing about how pre season workouts started, study tables, and funny freshman stories. It made me a bit nostalgic for my BSU college days. Being so exhausted during the week from workouts, but come Saturday morning hosting the best tailgates and drinking socializing all day and night, Sunday morning breakfasts and then hitting the library all day. Ahh, those were the days. This fall will be a bit different, but I know it will still be full of football, good food, studying (boo!) and much less drinking :)

So I will leave you with some lyrics from a Kenny Chesney song...this is my current life motto...

It's my life and it's sure fun
Another season of my life's begun
Another race I'm glad I get to run
Another chapter of my life I'm writin'
No I'm never gonna feel like this again
Time's rushin' by me like the wind
Gotta grab each moment that I can
Cause I'm never gonna feel like this again

No comments:

Post a Comment