Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Exhausted...

It has been a long couple of days...Mark's grandpa passed away this past Sunday so we have been "busy" with family time, viewing and the funeral today. Emotions are a good thing, but can be exhausting. Seeing grown men cry is not my kind of party and gets me every time. Mark's grandpa was a wonderful man, he was ornery, funny, and always had a smile on his face. I only knew him a few years, but knew how much he loved watching Mark play football, knew how much he loved his wife and knew how much he loved Mark's Dad, Larry. The most moving part of the funeral was the 21 gun salute done to honor Grandpa Joe as a WWII veteran. They folded up the American flag and got down on one knee before Grandma Wilma and sincerely thanking her for Joe's service...it was humbling, moving, emotional. His death comes at a time where it is easy to get caught up in life passing by in the Holiday season, today was a reminder to slow down, take in life's daily moments, and make time for family and friends. I have been feeling overwhelmed with school, going back to work, caring for Leah that I have been retreating in my mind, secluding myself which I am very good at. I'm reminded to stop feeling sorry for myself, take some deep breaths and try to enjoy every minute of this life...

No comments:

Post a Comment