Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Whatever...

I ventured out this morning and took Leah to church. I know large crowds and newborns are not supposed to mix BUT she was covered the whole time and no one touched her. Hopefully we are safe with that. I always find it amazing that something in church will always hit home to whatever I am going through that week. As I sat there with my brand new baby and a million new anxieties I heard this...

Philippians 4: 6 - 9
 Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you.


Just what I needed to hear...a gentle reminder of how to deal with all my new anxiety about Leah= PRAY! (and eat the occasional container of ice cream) Hope you can get something out of this beautiful reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment