Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

August Already???

I can't believe it is August already....Where has the summer gone? I am glad I don't have any kids going back to school, so I can use August as another month of summer. I was looking at my calendar and boy is August busy for us. We have 5 birthdays, 1 Anniversary, a golf outing, and wrap it all up is the bridal shower I'm throwing the last weekend in August. Somewhere in between there I am working my weekend and babysitting Lila. It is going to be crazy month, but a fun one. I have been seriously slacking on the meal planning and cooking around here, it has been a summer free for all. We made a big grocery trip last night so I am ready to go this month. I have been doing some browsing around Life As a Mom and she has a great section on freezer cooking and how to plan and stock your freezer. I am going to be trying some of this because as I look at the September calendar we have no free weekends already. I am trying shredded pork tonight. I plan on using it for dinner tonight and freezing 3 bags of shredded meat, I can use for taco's and pulled pork sandwiches later on in the month. Hoping to get 4 meals out of this for around $3 a piece. I'll let ya know how it goes. Happy August.
courtesy of lifsasamom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment