Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Begin Rant...

People's entitlement these days is really getting to me. Yes, I'm referring to mainly families I work with, whether that be wrong or right...I don't really care right now! These people walk in there demanding free meals, gas cards, free hotel stays, free car seats and the list goes on. And heaven forbid the doctor or social work doesn't come speak with them the moment they want them too...never mind the MD is dealing with a baby who is about die or a mom with post partum depression...the entitlement amazes me. Sometimes it is hard to stay professional when all I really want to do is punch them in the face. I don't want to hear you complain about not having enough free meal tickets...you don't have $5 to get a sandwhich?! We need to accommodate your stay because you can only get a ride 1/week...maybe you should have thought about this before you had  a baby ?!?! Sometimes it is just so frustrating because on the other side of the unit is a great family, working hard to make ends meet, doesn't ask for a single thing and their baby is so sick, has a "broken" heart or a stomach that doesn't work....it is just not right! How did our world end up like this? It baffles me. I guess that's why I am extra thankful and attach myself to the good families on our unit...Todd & Tiffany, Kathy & Ryan, Seth & Emily, Tami & Adam...sorry I am the "leech"that wont go away :)  I promise to teach Leah she has to work for everything she wants and she does not "deserve" anything without working for it OK....end rant...

3 comments:

  1. I love this rant. Like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this rant...just because I remember seeing these things go on and being thankful that we are able to provide for our kids even in the tough times(like during NICU stay)...

    ReplyDelete