Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

What a Thanksgiving Holiday...I just got back home tonight and feel like I got hit by a truck. BUT it was a fun Holiday weekend. Thursday afternoon we spent with Mark's family and had a wonderful meal. I left Thursday afternoon to head to Columbus with Leah, as we had a family wedding this weekend. Little did I know it was about to be the worst 3 hours of my life...Leah cried for 2hrs and 45 minutes...She HATES the car I guess. She pooped all over her car seat and then continued to cry so hard that she made herself throw up all over the backseat. I pulled over at a closed Tim Horten's and had no clue what to do because there was poop EVERYWHERE and Leah was in a frenzy...so I started crying too haha! We made it to Columbus safely, but it was a LONG three hours. The next day we headed to Cleveland, OH for the wedding festivities...I sat in the back seat with Leah and she just smiled and talked to me the whole way...so maybe she just wants someone back there with her... Can we say SPOILED?!?! Because she was angel on the way back to Columbus Sunday,...and then on my trip today back to Indy she was ok, but still probably cried for a total of 45 minutes and I had to stop... But we survived the first travel weekend and without Mark, I have to say I am proud of us. It was not easy and I never want to do it without Mark again, but at least I know I can do it. The wedding was fun, Leah was good and I had a great time catching up with friends. We had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving...I will be hibernating at home the rest of this week as my first day back to work is next Wednesday (vomit)...soaking up every  minute with my sweet sweet girl!
Leah's Turkey Handprint

Turkey iron-on for Thanksgiving Day

My Girl

Lila and Leah on Thanksgiving...Leah is already fascinated with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment