Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad. I don't know if there are any words I can use to describe my dad. I don't know if I ever really appreciated him and valued him as much as I have this year after I got married. It's hard to explain this change, maybe it's a normal change in the progression of the relationship between a father and daughter. It's not that I never appreciated him, or admired him or looked up to him, but it is just different now. He is so kind hearted, he always picks the right way even if its not the easy way.He chooses to see the positive in life. He has more patience then I could ever dream of. His second bible is consumer reports magazine, which cracks me up. His opinion is one of the few that actually holds weight in my life and really means something. I have seen the results of him and my moms dedication to their family. We are a group of 4 individuals who continually choose to make each other a priority even as we start our own families. This is a result of the environment we grew up in. This is a result of my parents teaching us that family is a priority. They taught us by example.




My dad is a man of sound faith. I have never seen him question his faith or the importance of it. He was always at church with us, even on vacation. He is always the first to lead prayer at family dinners. It's amazing to me how a  man of little words has been able to instill faith in his children. He does it by example. Reverent at church, giving money to the church, fervently praying, making it the center of his marriage and family.

I am blessed to have a man like my dad in my life. The best part about it is that I see so much of my dad in Mark. I see so much of my dad in my brother's Tim and Matt. They are not only amazing people, but they are the exact kind of dad that my dad was. How lucky are their kids and how lucky my kids will be. So maybe all of this explains the strong urge to cling to my dad every time I see him...how it is hard to let go when he hugs me. I want to absorb every ounce of this man, so I can be more like him. I was fortunate to be able to spend some time with him this Father's Day. Standing next to him in church, praying with him and for him...meant so much. Another memory to add to bank. Having our favorite breakfast together, laughing about old times and asking for advice...such a great father-daughter moment. I love you dad!



I can't forget to give a shout out to my Father- in-law, Larry. Another great man, another great example in my life. He is so generous, always thinking about us, willing to help whenever we need it. Always greeting us with a smile and a hug... brightens the room with his smile and twangy voice... Another blessing in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment