Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

What's for DInner...

Mark was requesting meatloaf for dinner this week....meatloaf??!! REALLY?!? I can't remember the last time I ate meatloaf, let alone an attempt to make it!  So with some new found energy I looked into blogger world and found a million and one recipes. I adapted a few recipes into one and went for it...I'm not going to lie it did not look very appetizing but it was yummy!!

Here is what I did:

1.5lbs of ground beef
1 chopped onion
3/4 c. breadcrumbs ( I used Italian)
1/2 c. chicken broth
I added sage, salt, pepper, and garlic salt a pinch at a time
approx 1/2 c ketchup
3 eggs

I mixed it all together, put it in my loaf plan and topped with more ketchup. Baked at 375 for 1hour and 15 minutes.  It was moist and delicious. Served with sweet potatoes and green beans! I have one happy husband tonight! I had to blog about it so I wouldn't forget what I did! It feels good to be back in the kitchen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment