Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

What a great first Mother's Day...I spent the day with my peanut and Mark. We had a cookout at our house with Mark's side of the family. It was relaxing,  I didn't lift a finger in preparation. My dear husband chopped, baked, cut and grilled. I napped, played bocce ball and stuffed my face :)

I felt a bit emotional dall day (surprise surprise) I didn't go visit my momma, it was her first mothers day without her mom, I thought about my sister in law whos mom has also passed away and how many emotions this day would bring up and I thought of my own experiences this past 8 months as a first time mom. I always knew I would love being a mom, but I never knew I could feel this much love for my own daughter. It is true that you can't understand the love your mom had for you until you have your own child. I appreciate my mom in so many more ways now then I ever have before. Rocking my baby to sleep Sunday night I held her a bit longer, squeezed her a bit tighter, and gave her a few extra kisses. Being Leah's mom is no doubt my favorite part of who I am... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment