Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Leah's Name...

Since we didn't know what we were having before Leah was born our nursery was very gender neutral...lots of yellow and green. So to add a little "girl" to the room I found plain white letters at Michael's, picked out some purple themed scrapbook paper, and with my trusty old Modge Podge...I created a decorated version of Leah's name. I really like how it turned out. Now I just have to figure out where to put it!

 Speaking of Leah's name...one might be wondering how we chose Leah. All throughout my pregnancy if it was a girl her name would be "Norah". I LOVE that name, always have. It was one of the few that we agreed on. Towards the end of the pregnancy I started thinking about other names...We couldn't agree on anything else. As soon as she was born I knew she not a Norah. I was almost disgusted with the thought of naming her that. The first name that came to my head when I saw her was Leah. I always used to make fun of people who said they had to wait to name their babies, but I get it now!  After discussing with Mark I told him he could name her since she was born on his birthday. He looked at me and said "Emily" and I was like ummm " I really like Leah" -so much for letting him choose! So that was it...our little Leah was named. I must say her name is absolutely PERFECT...she is most definitely a LEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment